Tuesday, August 08, 2006

born again

One of the greatest therapies for me in my ongoing recovery is relating to our children and grandchildren. I feel like I'm getting a second chance at experiencing the kind of life each child should as I help contribute to the lives of our children and grandchildren. I love getting down on the floor and playing with our grandchildren. It means so much to me for them to feel safe, loved, and affirmed, what I needed to feel as a child.

It's as if, well, I've been born again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marj aka Thriver said...

I'm so glad I had a child. I wouldn't trade the opportunity for anything.

Two requests: 1) Don't forget that the deadline for the third edition of the Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse is coming up. (Travels to a new host blog but details are still at mine.) 2) Would you stop by my blog and read some new creative writing stuff I've got posted there, if you feel up for it? It scared me and I could use the support. Thanks!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

That was so beautiful to read.
I hope that having that healing connection with your children and grandchildren keeps you feeling wonderful.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I'm glad you are getting the chance to do this. May helping them shine to the best they can be, allowing them to fail and supporting them with love heal your wounded inner child.

Your sister survivor,
Leah

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Comments 3

<< Home