Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Need

You kneed me
and kneaded me
when I needed you.
What now?

Some explanation may help understand this short piece better. Dad would jam my head between his knees (my poetic license with the verb "knee" which, by definition, refers to hitting someone with your knee). Then he would pummel my head with his fists, avoiding my face, but especially hitting my ears. It was painful. I never cried. Children need safety, including wise discipline, not "discipline" carried out in a rage.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yesterdays_ashes said...

Al, I am so sorry. You really did not deserve that....you deserved to be in a safe & loving environment while growing up. I hope today, you have found the peace and happiness that you deserve.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Comments 1

<< Home